InterCity Group (ICG) operates New Zealand's largest coach transportation network under the country's premier coach networks of InterCity Coachlines and GreatSights New Zealand. Together their combined networks connect to more than 700 destinations nationwide with some 130 services every day.
For the past nine years SAS IT has provided a number of mission-critical services to InterCity:
- 2006: SAS IT provided UNIX hardware and SAN-based storage along with the implementation, hosting and management of fully redundant infrastructure. We provide high availability (HA) for ICG’s core application, ResNet, a zero down-time ticket booking system
- 2008: When InterCity moved offices from Epsom to Penrose, the failover component of the HA solution was enabled by SAS IT
- 2009-10: We provided an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution when InterCity undertook a major project to replace its accounting system with SAP. When the SAP storage performance requirements out-grew the specified I/O requirements, we were able to migrate the storage onto a higher performing array to meet the business needs with minimal delay
- 2011: InterCity looked to SAS IT to assist with a roadmap for the next five to ten years which would also maintain the current high availability of the existing solution
- 2012: In October we supplied InterCity with new systems to upgrade the original IBM Power System servers and SAN storage supplied in 2006. The new POWER7s have improved the performance of ResNet which now runs on SAS IT's IaaS offering